Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cheesy Desserts

Anyone who loves cheese like I do knows that the cheesy goodness doesn’t have to begin and end at mealtime. There are plenty of delicious ways to incorporate cheese into desserts, and I’ve discovered tons of these of recipes through my years of cheese-o-philia. From the indulgent to the luxurious, there really are endlessly versatile ways to make your dessert a little cheesy. These are some of my favorites.

Apple Cobbler is one of my all time favorite desserts. So, when I found this recipe for Apple, Blackberry, and Sharp White Cheddar Cobbler I basically thought I had stumbled into heaven. I thought, “there’s no way someone could have really combined two of my favorite things into one dessert!”. Well, someone did. The amazing thing about this recipe is that it’s made to serve 10 people, so it’s great to make for a small gathering, or for yourself to throw in the fridge and have for the whole week. The preparation is a little involved but is nothing a recreational baker couldn’t handle (I myself being one), and with a cook time of 10 minutes this is about as hassle free as tasty (and cheesy) dessert gets.

I couldn’t possibly write an article about cheesy desserts and leave out what is perhaps the most iconic of them all: Tiramisu. A disclaimer though, this Tiramisu Custard recipe isn’t exactly the classic Italian recipe, but it sure is delightful. It uses ricotta rather than the usual mascarpone cheese and I think it makes for a really uniquely tasting Tiramisu. And, it’s the perfect luxurious dessert to serve at your dinner parties because it only takes 8 minutes to prepare and no minutes to cook, so you can make it fresh after the meal. Impress your friends with this simple, elegant, and legendary dessert.

I know what you’re thinking: “What’s a post about cheesy desserts without a recipe for cheese cake?” Well, you need ponder no longer. This recipe for Chocolate Chip Cheesecake is one of my favorites, and how could it not be with that type of combination? I will say that I only attempt this recipe when I know I have time and energy to give it the focus it requires. The crust can be tricky, but if you can master this recipe it will almost certainly become one of your favorites. And since a chocolate chip cheesecake has such broad appeal, it’s another great selection for dinner parties.

1 comment:

  1. Cheesy desserts never fail to catch my attention! Chocolate + Cheese = heaven! Agree? Anyway, do you have any favorite cheese? I suggest you try australian cheese brands! I have fallen in love with it ever since the first time I tasted it.

    ReplyDelete